Sunday, April 10, 2011

Upcoming journey on a delicate path

Assalamu'alaikum wrwbth to all, Many of my friends have already experienced the joy of being a mother-in-law, and I am about to experience it (inshaAllah) for the first time. I have to admit that I feel I am too young (not true) and totally inexperienced (absolutely true) to venture out on this untrodden (by me) path. I have seen all kinds of mother-in-laws, from the worst to the best and all types in-between. The scary thing is that no one can predict what type of MIL one will become. Women react in a myriad of ways in this MIL role. My would-be Daughter-in-law is really a nice person. I can talk to her for hours without being bored. She is genuine in her ways. I pray to Allah SWT that He blesses our relationship. I am certain that the adult in the new relationship (the MIL) has to provide love and care for the young one (the DIL) at the offset of the new relationship. She has to model what a good, kind, and loving person she is so that the rookie will (hopefully) inshaAllah follow on that good path. I beg Allah SWT that he blesses the new member (a new daughter) of our family. May she become the apple of our eyes and the new love of our lives. We (my husband and I) love to spoil our kids and that we spoil her with love too. May we smother her with so much love that she will also reciprocate, inshaAllah. I hope that I will copy all these tapestries of MIL in my life and apply their wisdom at the right time and in the right place, inshaAllah. "INNAL-LAHA ALA KULLI SHAY-IN QADEER," " Indeed Allah is Able and has the Power to do all things." With His Help I do move. Ma'Salamah, Tasneem

No comments: